Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Base Slab question

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Gulf
    replied
    Re: Base Slab question

    Originally posted by iluvpizza View Post
    Good morning to everyone in the pizza lovers community.
    My next project will be to build a wood pizza oven in my backyard where I have a brick patio.
    My question regard the base cement slab:
    I hate to have to break the bricks so, can I just put down the slab on top of it?

    Thanks
    My gut answer is no! If you have to ask that question, it means that you don't know what is under your patio's pavers. Usually, pavers are not set on very much. My advice is to take out a small section of pavers that will be directly under your oven's foot print. Dig down and see for youself what is under there. There should be nothing between your patio brick and firm/undestubed soil, other than crushed gravel or some other drainge type of aggregate. It maybe helpful to check your local building code. It will usually be in sync with your local soil consditions .

    Leave a comment:


  • iluvpizza
    started a topic Base Slab question

    Base Slab question

    Good morning to everyone in the pizza lovers community.
    My next project will be to build a wood pizza oven in my backyard where I have a brick patio.
    My question regard the base cement slab:
    I hate to have to break the bricks so, can I just put down the slab on top of it?

    Thanks
Working...
X