X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Floating slab or not?

Originally posted by stonecutter View Post
    You really are a mason aren't you!
    I'm pretty sure that he is . The less "rip rap" (pronounced, "rip raff", down here) to haul off, the better .
    Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Originally posted by NCMan View Post
      I placed a vapor barrier between the hearth slab and the insulation layer. If you check out my build, it may be easier to understand.
      Ran through your build over a couple of beers after I'd finished off digging out for my slab.

That's the problem with this forum. There are so many great ovens being put together that it's quite an encouragement for a klutz like me to get inspiration. But then...there are so many great ovens being put together that it's kinda scary to think I could should even attempt one. But I've made a start so there's no going back now. Congrats on yours. It looks fantastic.

And I see we like the same beer. I may not know much about pizza ovens yet but I do know beer and that Sierra Nevada pale ale (or at least the IPA) is in my top ten in its class. Wife and I had a 5 week holiday in the States last year and I was in seventh heaven. I was SO impressed with the quantity, the availability and the quality of your beers.

Ahhh, good beer and a home made pizza. What else does a man need...

Comment

Originally posted by Wozza View Post
        Ran through your build over a couple of beers after I'd finished off digging out for my slab.

That's the problem with this forum. There are so many great ovens being put together that it's quite an encouragement for a klutz like me to get inspiration. But then...there are so many great ovens being put together that it's kinda scary to think I could should even attempt one. But I've made a start so there's no going back now. Congrats on yours. It looks fantastic.

And I see we like the same beer. I may not know much about pizza ovens yet but I do know beer and that Sierra Nevada pale ale (or at least the IPA) is in my top ten in its class. Wife and I had a 5 week holiday in the States last year and I was in seventh heaven. I was SO impressed with the quantity, the availability and the quality of your beers.

Ahhh, good beer and a home made pizza. What else does a man need...
        First, thanks for the compliment. I'm glad you are going ahead w/your build. There are lots and lots of good, friendly and knowledgeable folks on here to help you along the way. Do alot of reading when you can to soak it all up. You'll do fine. Remember to start your own build thread when you can and take plenty of photos to share. They help alot.
        Last edited by NCMan; 10-10-2014, 04:57 AM.
        My Build:
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/s...ina-20363.html

"Believe that you can and you're halfway there".

Comment

Working...
        X