Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the smallest oven someone has built?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the smallest oven someone has built?

I am beginning the design of a Pizza Oven and BBQ grill combination. However, I do not have a lot of space.

The total floor area is around 180x120cm (180 could be extended slightly if needed).

Any advice for fitting in such a space would be gratefully recieved.

Also - does anyone have advice for sourcing fire bricks in the UK. I could just order them from a builders merchant, but I would like to build the entire thing from reclaimed materials if I can.

Thanks in advance.

James

Hi,

Where you at in the UK as I can supply you with some bricks

Alf
    http://www.fornobravo.co.uk/index.html

Comment

Here's my idea on minimum oven size. If it is possible, I would try to "fit" a 30 internal oven floor. I installed a 26.5" prefab a while ago as an experiment, and for me, it was too small. There wasn't room for the fire and food at the same time, and the ratio of oven volume to oven opening was out of kilter because the minimum oven open to fit pans and food was too big relative to the oven size. It did not hold heat very well.

Here's my math for minimum size from side to side (in inches, if that's OK).

30" Oven floor
      9" Wall thickness (both sides)
      8" Insulation (both sides)
      1-2" Upper walls

That gives me 48"-49". What do you think?

A prefab would know 4-5" off that because the walls are thinner.

James
      Pizza Ovens
      Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

I am near Southampton. I would be very grateful for any help sourcing the materials...

Thanks
        James

Comment

I was out at the week end at a garden centre, and saw some large terracotta pots. I wondered if anyone has tried using one as an oven. A little light adjustment to create an opening, cover with insulating material - and you have a simple pizza oven - for about 1/20th the price of a Casa80 (no offence James - but ?1000 for a Casa 80 is a bit out of my range right now)

Comments?

Would it hold the heat? Enough to cook pizza at least? Would it last?

James

Comment

Working...
          X