chimneys and heat energy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chimneys and heat energy

I am a diploma architecture student writing my thesis. I am designing a bakery which contains brick ovens. Does anyone have any information on chimney sizes? The ovens I will be using are roughly 1.2m x 1.5m internally. These are flexible dimensions. Also I need to know about energy inputs and outputs (kW)? My intention is to use heat exchange processes with the excess heat from the ovens.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Emma

Re: chimneys and heat energy

hunt through the forums as most of this has been discussed. Look for messages from DMUN, key in on RUMSFORD for some chimney stuff. Talk to an engineering student about heat capacity and BTU of various woods, various engineering books and pon-line material will give you good approximations of engergy capabilities. Search out Firebrick (not insulating firbrick that are used in kilns but the stuff for fire places) technical sheets some of the links are posted oin this forum. As you are the one responsibile for your thesis research I say you should plan on at least spending a good 3 days on this forum going through the archives. There is a plethora of information in here.

Comment

Working...
    X