Regional User Groups/Chapters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regional User Groups/Chapters

Do you think we are ready to start establishing some form of regional user group network? We could start putting together regional gatherings to talk about installation, construction, cooking and pizza. It would help bring the community together, and let folks who don't have an oven, or are working on one, see other people's ovens and practice cooking.

Setting this up would require people to volunteer to head their regional group, and help put events together.

I'm not sure if we are ready for this, but I thought I would bring it up. Better early than late.

Chime in and let me know what you think, and if you would be interested in heading up a local chapter.
    James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Re: Regional User Groups/Chapters

I thought I would throw this back on top of the pile. Do any of our members want to start thinking about firing up (hah) local FB Forum Chapters?
    James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Jim, it sure would be nice to have one here in Texas. I see great posts from members in Austin and the DFW areas. With me just getting started, I find one of the hardest things to do is find the right stuff and info for where I live.(i.e. wood, ingrediants like flour and cheese, how to cook with the humidty, etc).

I will add, when I do post a question I get great response and info from all over the place.

Comment

Richie,
        My thinking is that when some of our members are ready to organize something, we will be able to start building local groups. There's nothing like seeing other people cook in their oven to share ideas and learn. I think that also extends to oven building.

I think what the Big Green Egg has done with user groups, cook-offs, etc. is pretty impressive. I can see it now; Forno Bravo World in Las Vegas!
        James
        Last edited by james; 04-28-2007, 03:46 AM.
        Pizza Ovens
        Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

I think it would be GREAT, I don't know anyone in a city of 2 million plus that has a Wood Fired Oven in their backyard. I would love to look at one up close and see what someone else has done. Count me in when that day comes I definately have alot of interest from neighbors and friends to come over and eat

Comment

James,

There aren't that many members from Toronto or Ontario, for that matter, yet, but when the numbers grow, I'd be willing to have a look at the mechanics of getting involved in such a local chapter. My copious free time would allow it.

Jim
            "Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827

Comment

Count me in for the Texas/Dallas Chapter...once we get Southlake open it will be a great place to see a high volume commercial operation. I'd love to host events at our house with our oven too. Even better, we are bringing in Neapolitans all the time to run our kitchens, and as long as you give them beer, on Sundays they are happy to show off their skills.

We've already got enough artisan pizza spots in Dallas to put together a nice pizza crawl/pub crawl.

I actually rode my bike by a house 1 mile from mine in Fairview, TX that has a nice looking pompeii in the backyard!

Jay

Comment

I've been thinking a local Oz chapter could be quite helpful
                Cheers
                Damon

Build #1

Build #2 (Current)

Comment

Working...
                X