• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCMan
    replied
    Re: entry arch

Originally posted by GianniFocaccia View Post
    Almost every brick in my inner arch was slightly longer than a half brick.
    Same here. I tried my best to get two arch bricks from a whole one, but couldn't. But, there were only about 14 or so of them. Also, I wanted a good reveal on the entry arch outside of the finished dome. I think it ended up being about 2/3 of a brick by the time I was done.

Leave a comment:

• GianniFocaccia
    replied

Yes. Look at older builds for details.

Leave a comment:

• william
    replied

will the arch still work if the brick are not tapered

Leave a comment:

• william
    replied

Thanks
    I wanted to avoid pre-cutting if that was the case
    Bill

Leave a comment:

• GianniFocaccia
    replied

Almost every brick in my inner arch was slightly longer than a half brick.

Leave a comment:

• william
    replied

Hi
    What I could not be sure from the pictures is if all the brick used was from bricks cut in half or if some require a longer portion

Leave a comment:

• GianniFocaccia
    replied

If you plan on tapering your inner arch bricks, it is easy to determine the dimensions by drawing a line from the floor center to where the top of the arch brick matches the corresponding course. This will also help determine your inner arch's optimal distance from center.

I used templates to create a flatter dome profile. If you don't mind a true hemispherical dome, an indispensable tool will provide the same angles and distances.

Leave a comment:

• william
    started a topic entry arch

entry arch

In viewing many of the different entry arch builds I see allot of really nice transitions from the dome to the top of the arch. What i can't quite discern is the width of the brick used, are most staying with half brick or is there more needed to cut all the angles involved.
    Thanks again for all your input
    Bill
Working...
X