Concrete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concrete

Hi, I'm designing my base of the oven, and I'm wondering if anyone would be able to help.

I plan on using concrete block then pouring a concrete slab, but I'm not sure about the span between the concrete block. I'm worried that with the weight of the concrete, insulation and oven. Would a span of 1.5m be ok?

Sorry if this question is simple or whatever still don't really know what I'm doing

Thx

Re: Concrete

How big an oven are you planning to build?

My support slab was 190cm to support a 106cm oven. With proper rebar placement, 1.5m is well within range.

Closely review some of the other builds here to see how their stands were addressed. You'll want to design every element you can on paper (or computer) before building so you don't encounter any surprises later on.

Good luck and post lots of pics.

John

Comment

In addition to what John recommended. Place the rebar on a 12 inch grid. Make sure you bend the bar so it drops into the CMU's at least 2-3 inches. Have the bar in the center of the pour and it will hold more weight then you can imagine.
      Check out my pictures here:
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Thx that's helpful. Will do wat u guys suggested

Comment

Hello Minshall5J

I like a number of other builders divided the space under the slab. I did it to make 2 storage spaces which I thought may be easier to use and it would help support the slab.

David

Comment

Originally posted by minshall5j View Post
            Hi, I'm designing my base of the oven, and I'm wondering if anyone would be able to help.

I plan on using concrete block then pouring a concrete slab, but I'm not sure about the span between the concrete block. I'm worried that with the weight of the concrete, insulation and oven. Would a span of 1.5m be ok?

Sorry if this question is simple or whatever still don't really know what I'm doing

Thx
            The weight of the dome is at its perimeter which is adjacent or over the walls little weight is on the floor

Comment

Working...
            X