Build vs. Buy - Tampa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Build vs. Buy - Tampa

I'm in the process of planning to build, or have built, an oven. I'd appreciate any experience that anyone has had having an oven build in the Tampa area.

Also, the oven will be wholly or partially within a screened enclosure. I'm concerned about sparks from the chimney landing on the screen and causing holes. Any experience?

thanks in advance.

Re: Build vs. Buy - Tampa

Hello Ccalvo

I am not in the Tampa but I have almost completed my oven in Georgia. I started with no bricklaying experience but I am practical person.
    I have got a lot of satisfaction from doing the build myself but would have driven a real bricklayer crazy by my lack of speed.
    Spend some time reading some of the build threads here. You will get a lot of help and advice from all over the world if you decide to build it yourself.
    If you chose to get it built by a professional you still need to read some of the threads here so that you can see if they are doing it right.
    I believe there is a thread here of a professional build who left out the insulation under the hearth bricks. That made the oven almost useless.

On the sparks I can not comment as I have not fired my oven yet.

David

Comment

Re: Build vs. Buy - Tampa

Check out Kbartman's Build here.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	43935d1406173344-my-40-inch-pizza-oven-florida-dscn2955.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	231.8 KB
ID:	307305

Comment

Working...
      X