Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Castable Cladding and Ceramic FB

All,

New here, and haven't been able to find a specific discussion on this...

I've put-down 4" of castable insulation for the floor (Econolite) and will be adding another 2" of ceramic FB on top, before laying the light/medium density fire-brick floor. Question: Should I use anything between the castable insulation floor and the 2" of ceramic fiber board? I've heard a layer of aluminum foil would reduce/eliminate any moister migrating up from the castable insulation Thoughts?

Kevin
    Last edited by Brodek; 04-08-2015, 04:02 AM. Reason: Changed cladding to correct term: insulation

Re: Castable Cladding and Ceramic FB

i wouldn't use anything. the idea is to allow any trapped moisture to eventually escape. if your oven is/will be covered, then you have no worries. If you are building an igloo, then water proofing is necessary. Use some fireclay between the floorbrick and fb board for leveling.

Can you post some pics of your build ?

Texman
    Texman Kitchen
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/t...ild-17324.html

Comment

Re: Castable Cladding and Ceramic FB

Texman,

Thanks for the reply. I removed the form around the castable cladding 3 days ago, and I'm waiting for it to dry/cure a bit more, before I put the ceramic FB down. Below is a pic of the current progress.

Basing my build on Rado's traditional oven...with some modifications. Some planned...some due to poor planning!

Kevin

Comment

Working...
      X