• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DavidApp
    replied
    Re: Work of Love and Passion... Miami FL

Hello

You have a great looking cooking area there.

One suggestion is to make sure you have room behind the dome to get the blanket and covering layer on. I thought I had plenty of room but have resorted to stuccoing the back section of my oven by hand. Stucco mix applied hand full at a time because there is not enough room for a trowel.

Someone in the group mentioned it before I started. I checked and thought there was plenty of room.

Spend time reading the various build threads. There is a wealth of knowledge to mine.

Insulate. Insulate. Insulate.
    My oven is still over 150 degrees having fired 4 days ago.

David

Leave a comment:

• almondsurf
    replied

Wow Mr Hulk, that looks like it is going to be amazing. I used to live in brazil (Brasil) and it their meat is second to none. Now living back in the US, a good churrascaria is something I dream about. Good luck, it looks GREAT.

Leave a comment:

• mrchipster
    replied

I was just in your neighborhood last week I wish I had known I would have stopped in.

You have a good start. Your bricks will be plenty strong, brick in compression is off the chart in strength.

Mine are just a veneer but here is my oven, also street brick. From St Paul streets but made in Chicago. $300 for 900 bricks from Craig's list.

As far as suggestions ... Well you already have great skills and a fantastic setup.
    Last edited by mrchipster; 05-27-2015, 07:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• gugahulk
    replied

The oven is going next to my other 2 creations. Custom built Brazilian BBQ and Custom built stove and griddle station. The oven will be the grand finally... Any opinions or suggestions would be great.... :-)

Leave a comment:

• gugahulk
    replied

The base has started, Love this... Building my base out of chicago bricks, cost more but looks great. I am planning on making the base 4inches think of concrete does anyone recommend it to be more than that? Any Help would be great. I am also concerned that, my bricks are small compared to the ovens I see which all have cinder blocks. AM I OK?

Leave a comment:

• gugahulk
    started a topic Work of Love and Passion... Miami FL

Work of Love and Passion... Miami FL

Building my wood oven any help or advice from members would be awesome. This is my first time building an oven but I do have a little experience on brick laying. I just love it and do it for fun but love FOOD!!! :-)
Working...
X