Roof Design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roof Design

Any Ideas on how this roof is constructed ? What is holding stone slabs and chimney? Any details would be appreciated since I am at this point in my build.

Re: Roof Design

If I were to venture a guess I would suspect they are drilled near the top of the slab of stone and screwed into the trusses below. The brick chimney appears to be a veneer and most likely overlays the stone thus covering the otherwise exposed screws.

If you want a real brick chimney you could, and should do a traditional chimney flashing and that flashing would cover your screws. Copper flashing would look nice.

This appears to just be a larger version of slate roof tiles with one tile per roof panel.

You will still need to flash the area under the seams at the ridges and flash the intersect between the roof and chimney.

To be safe aluminum flashing laid like roll roofing under the slabs , over the whole structure, would be a guarantee against leaks.
    Last edited by mrchipster; 05-28-2015, 06:04 AM.
    Chip

Comment

Re: Roof Design

Thanks an awesome roof!
      Best Regards...
      Gugahulk!

My Build...

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f6/w...-fl-21793.html

BUILD IT AND THEY WILL COME
      Food will always be the best way to spend time with family & friends, and that is all that really matters.
      STOP THINKING ABOUT IT AND DO IT!

Comment

Working...
      X