Re: New trailer build in Hobart

Blanket and tie downs on 😄

Comment

Vermiculite scratch coat done .

Comment

Looks good.

A couple of things you may want to consider.
          1.A removable flue. During travel you don't really want the flue wobbling around.You could do this easily by cutting the flue off at the base leaving around 250mm protruding and making a sleeve that the flue can be placed into. At markets it is a pretty good idea to have quite a tall flue as you don't want to smoke out adjacent stall holders.
          2. Get your local health requirements from your council. I think you will find that the set up as in your diagram is inadequate. Washing facilities, hard floor and sides etc.
          3. You will also need a food handlers cert. and at least two operators as you need to handle money and food.Three is better so you can have one operating the oven one to handle orders and money and one to prep. That then eats into profitability of course.
          Good luck,
          Dave
          Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

1.Yes removable flue .
            2. The hearth will be stainless rap over the hole topside plus a large sink with hot water .
            3. We have many years in catering and food management .

This oven will be a small part of our operation for on site catering .
            Thanks for your input .
            Steve

Comment

Looks good Steve,

I have been contemplating something similar for my next project. It would fit nicely into some other plans.

Interested in hearing how it goes and seeing the finished product.
              Cheers ......... Steve

Build Thread http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f3/n...erg-19151.html

Build Pics http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=1626b3f4f4

Forno Food Pics https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=1d5ce2a275

Comment

Can anybody answer this question for me. for the hearth I have 50mm fire bricks, 50mm silica board, 15mm compress cement sheeting, 4mm checker plate and 50mm of ceramic blanket under the checker plate , do you think this would be enough insolation to do the job.
                I'm thinking for pizza this will be enuff but for baking what else could I do to insulate whithout taking up to much room and weight ?
                Steve

Comment

That should be sufficient, how do you propose to keep it all dry? Not sure that the blanket under the checker plate will be of much use, it may just act like a sponge and fall apart after around a year of road travel.

Comment

There was a 50mm cavity under the checker so I filled it with some blanket I had lying around (fully inclosed) .
                    Fitted canvas over the hole trailer top should keep it dry .
                    Steve

Comment

Day 4 of curing the oven and all going well . It was extremely wet after the render whet on, so I think I'll give it another week of small fires and it should be ok ?
                      How do you really know it's cured ?
                      I've decided to copper clad it �� I've found an old Canadian guy with a robotic arm (it's amazing) he's done a couple of copper ovens , he's going to silver solder it for me !
                      Steve
                      Last edited by iso; 07-04-2015, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by iso View Post
                        Day 4 of curing the oven and all going well . It was extremely wet after the render whet on, so I think I'll give it another week of small fires and it should be ok ?
                        How do you really know it's cured ?

Steve
                        It's done when the whole of the inside of the dome has the carbon burnt off, right down to the bottom. Take it slow, don't hurry it or you will cause damage.

I just picked up my mobile oven which I had hired out to a local fishing club, (for the second time), they cooked 190 9" pizzas in one night, two at a time. They did 90 last time. This is a record for my oven. Not bad for a 21" oven, it's all about management.

Comment

Hi guys . It's been a while but I'm almost there ,.
                          Anyone have any ideas on the flue and getting it out of the gazebo ? I've got a couple of plan but I'm still a bit confused .
                          Steve

Comment

iso, when I went elk hunting in Colorado we stayed in HD canvas cabin tents that had stoves in them. The chimney went out through the roof of the tent. I think it was called a stove jack. But maybe you can look into a tent maker to modify your canopy/gazebo.

Comment

Originally posted by iso View Post

Can anybody answer this question for me. for the hearth I have 50mm fire bricks, 50mm silica board, 15mm compress cement sheeting, 4mm checker plate and 50mm of ceramic blanket under the checker plate , do you think this would be enough insolation to do the job.
                              I'm thinking for pizza this will be enuff but for baking what else could I do to insulate whithout taking up to much room and weight ?
                              Steve
                              I would lose the CFC sheet and steel plate and add some vermiculite concrete

Comment

Working...
                              X