Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Larger Oven Design Help

mongo,
    Is your oven finished? How was the pizza? I would like to know how many pizzas you actually can fit into that big oven. thanks.
    Kulas

Comment

When I posted this I was basically finished up to the insulating concrete stage. I have cured it but now I have added stucco finish and am actually in the process of changing the vent on the front to make it deeper. It will be about 8-10 inches deep when I'm done. Doing the pour tommorrow and will post some pictures when I'm done that. I will have to do a bit of recuring and still need to get a 16" pizza peel to complete my pizza tool collection AND THEN I'll be ready to cook some pizzas haha. Long road. Actually I worked on this pretty steady 'cause of the cold weather approaching where I am. I started Sep. 1 (not counting stand fabrication) and would have been finished mid. October had I not needed to make changes. To say I'm itching to cook some za is an understatement haha. I will be using this for 15" pizzas and I think it was around 5 could fit in at one time at that size but I won't know for sure until I get cookin'.

Comment

I look forward to hearing from your first pizza. It looks like you did a great job with that oven, congratulations.

I'm planning on building a 48". I did a mock hearth to play with this morning. 5 12 inch pizzas could fit in the mock hearth but I'd be happy enough for 3 at a time and having space to move the pizza around and manage the fire.

Seems like you are on the right track.

Comment

Hey Kulas,

48"/120cm is a size can be considered either a large residential oven or an entry size restaurant oven -- it does both applications (it's also a good size for mobile catering). We carry both 48" residential ovens (Premio120) and commercial ovens (Modena120).

How are you going to use your oven? It's interesting to hear more.
          James
          Pizza Ovens
          Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

James,

I have a barrel vault now which I use for pizza. I'm still thinking of making a round dome like the pompei since I want to make bread in the barrel vault and make the round dome dedicated to pizza only.

Yes, I saw the modena and the premio120 in the fb store page and they are very beautiful. I'm thinking of building my own in the meantime since I have fire bricks left and clay from the barrel vault construction. I overdid my estimate for materials on that project.

I am hoping to start my own thread in "Getting Started" coz i have some more questions. I will also post more info there.

Kulas

Comment

Hey Kulas as promised here's the picture of my oven getting fired...haven't done a pie yet though as I"m waiting for a peel I've ordered.

Comment

Coolness!
                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
                [/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
                X