Insulation Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insulation Board

I recently bought a box of insulation board (Durablok) from my local refractory, but wanted to check here first to see if it was ok for use with my oven. The board is quite rigid, and the compressive strength seems to be ok as long as the pressure is spread out...i.e. I could probably deform it somewhat by pinching both sides with my index and thumb, but I doubt it would deform if I stood on it. Also it cuts easily with a box cutter. Is this normal? I was also thinking of adding another layer of either this board or the superisol to give 4" of board insulation. Anyway I've attached the datasheet of this board for your review. Thanks for any comments or direction!
    Attached Files
    Oven Progress
    Bread Photos
    Oven Stand Thread

Re: Insulation Board

Not being a chemist or engineer, I can only say it seems to be a suitable substitute for the SuperIsol, based on reading the data sheets of both. If the price and availability are right, go for it.

Comment

Re: Insulation Board

I'm OK with that as well. Builders have used both Cal Sil and Alu Sil board underneath their ovens, and they both seem to work well.
      James
      Pizza Ovens
      Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Working...
      X