Ordering Installation Accessories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordering Installation Accessories

I am getting to the bottom of why the FB Store is ocassionally returning the wrong (too high) shipping rates. When the weight of the items exceeds the limit of what FedEx Ground can carry in a single box, the FB Store is showing only Curbside Freight (the freight service we use for shipping the FB ovens) and FedEx Air as the shipping options. In reality, we simply put the heavier items in multiple boxes, and continue shipping with FedEx Ground.

For example, in a test shipping RefMix to Dallas, here is a guidelines:

1 bag, 22lbs, $24
    2 bags, 44lbs, $45
    3 bags, 66lbs, $56
    4 bags, 88lbs -- it jumps to $280 for Curbside Freight. Wrong!

Fixing this is going to take some computer time, but at least we know what to fix.

For now, if your order can ship FedEx Ground, or Home Delivery, you are in good shape. That includes 3 RefMix, 1 Insulfrax and 2 SuperIsol, and just about everything else.

If your weight is higher than this, you will have to call the office (800) 407 5119 to get the right shipping amount.

To err is human, but to really mess things up you need a computer.

I hope this sheds some light on the problem. Again, FB very much wants to be competitive and be the main supplier for installation accessories.

James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Re: Ordering Installation Accessories

James,
    Still getting the hangup...just happened to check and 3 bags Refmix to me here in MS was 59 and change to ship...when I added a fourth it went up to 295 and change
    Best
    Dutch
    "Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. " Charles Mingus
    "Build at least two brick ovens...one to make all the mistakes on and the other to be just like you dreamed of!" Dutch

Comment

Hey Dutch,

Knowing we have the problem and fixing it are two different things. :-)

We are working on setting up the software to break heavier orders into two pieces, so FedEx will take them, but it's taking time.

More to come. For now, just call us (800) 407-5119.
      James
      Pizza Ovens
      Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

James - It be quicker, for now, to put in a blurb that the shipping calulator is incorrect on the title page of "http://www.fornobravo.com/store/". This way folks have a heads up and will not phreak when the shipping prices go ballistic.

Comment

Working...
        X