pizzaoven on a traler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pizzaoven on a traler?

We're a bunch of swedish scoutleaders wanting to build our own woodfired pizzaoven. Our main concern is that we would like to build it on a trailer so that we can bring it to jamborees etc.
    Do you think its possible to build an oven on a trailer or will it shake to pieces?
    max. load for a trailer in Sweden is about 1 ton (2000pounds) can you make a pizzaoven that light?
    Sincerely
    Marcus

Re: pizzaoven on a traler?

I was quite surprised by this simple design. It's an mouth venting Adobe oven.
    Simple enough for an aspiring Eagle Scout candidate to construct.
    They pull this all over the area.
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f27/...izza-2070.html

Comment

And the link to their website, which has larger and more abundant pics is home I emailed the owner to try and get some more detailed info about his ovens but he didn't seem very interested in helping out. I guess he's afraid of competition even though he's in Washington state and I'm in South Carolina. Short of doing an oven like he has done, I don't think you'll be able to build an oven like the Pompeii design on a trailer at under a 2000 pounds. I think the Pompeii design requires over 200 firebricks @ 8 pounds a piece is 1600 pounds. Then you have to factor in your stand, mortar, insulation, etc. I've planned on my trailer for my oven being able to carry 4000 pounds to be on the safe side. Hope this helps.

Comment

Anvegard,

To to Joseph Pergolizzi's website at Home to see what he's done with FB ovens on trailers. I'm pretty sure he'd be willing to discuss your project with you.

Jim
        "Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827

Comment

Working...
        X