Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: K Fac-19

TDI,

Don't know who your supplier is, but I'm also in the Toronto area, so here's a knowledgeable source: Alphatherm Inc., 8201 Keele Street, Unit 4, Concord, Ontario L4K 1Z4; 905-738-6732. Talk to Elvis there.

Jim
    "Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827

Comment

Thanks Jim, yes it is Elvis at Alhpatherm. He helped me out when I built my last oven. Since then the art has matured and advanced over the last 3 years into using new products so just want to be sure I do my research before I go out and spend the money.

Yes he suggested the KFAC-19. I have been doing some more reading on this forum and I think I cam across a post by you that suggested that KFAC-19 does not possess the strength that insblock-19 has and I interpreted it to mean it may not be good to use.

Thx
      Check out my build at:
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/t...uild-4678.html

Comment

It seems that there are several types of insulating boards that are not intended for weight-bearing applications in an industrial setting, but that can bear plenty of weight for backyard oven use. Insblok-19 and KFAC-19 probably fall into that category. SuperIsol is a slightly better insulator that can bear more weight (compressive strength = 300 psi), so I think that's why some have suggested it might be better. With other materials, there's a trade-off between strength and insulating ability. Marinite, for example, is much denser and has a compressive strength of 1000-3000 psi, but the thermal conductivity numbers are quite high. You also have to watch for how they react to water, to make sure they don't compress when wet (search for "Kaowool" in this forum to find out why!).
        Picasa web album
        Oven-building thread

Comment

Working...
        X