Opening Size - E-book ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opening Size - E-book ?

I'm building a 42" high vault oven and was planning on an opening 20" wide and 12" high in the center with a height of 9" of the ends. This seemed consisted with others but then I noticed that the FB door for sale is 20" wide by 12.5" high - maybe that is for the prefabs. Then I noticed that in the ebook intro they mention a height of 21" for the dome and then in chapter 6 a height of 20"(which I was planning on). Even given these differences I think I'm staying with my original plan, although going with a 19" opening and a reveal to allow for that door. Any thoughts
    RCLake

"It's time to go Vertical"
    Oven Thread

Re: Opening Size - E-book ?

RC, it makes sense for the door to be 12.5 with opening of 12. Your door needs to stop at the wall as you see by Ken's, Les, JC Jim, arch to dome. As for the dome, you are right, 20-21 is up to you. With a 42 in. oven, 21 gives a perfect dome. 20 inch will give more heat towards the floor for the pizza preferred users. I can't say I would know the difference in one inch anyways. It would be nice to be a guest a one with 20 and 21. Sorry for being confused, but do you mean internal height of dome at 19 or for the arch at 19?
    An excellent pizza is shared with the ones you love!

Acoma's Tuscan:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/a...scan-2862.html

Comment

RC,
      Depending on your precision of cuts, your oven height may be off an inch or so. I wouldn't stress about it too much. The Napolitana ovens had a lower dome height and were built for making pizza. If that is your only desire, aim for that design. If you plan to do bread and other cooking, a perfect dome (21 inches, in your case) , from what I've read on this website, is the preferred design.
      George
      GJBingham
      -----------------------------------
      Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

A 20" x 12.5" opening for a 42" Pompeii id what I have listed.
        --mr.jim
        ---------------------------------------------------------------
        The real art of conversation is not only to say the correct thing at the right time, but also to leave
        unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.
        ---------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I had two points in the original post and I may have jumbled them together. First was going with a 20" door opening the door FB has for sale wouldn't but against the reveal. Second was an inconsistency in the height of the dome, first in stated 21" and then later 20".
          In any case I'm going with the original door size of 20" by 12" curve and a dome height of 20"
          RCLake

"It's time to go Vertical"
          Oven Thread

Comment

Should be good numbers. A door around 65% of the dome height is the goal. That should do it.

G.
            GJBingham
            -----------------------------------
            Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

Working...
            X