Has anyone used Superwool 607

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone used Superwool 607

I found this product on ebay. I'm on a tight budget and can get 100 sq ft for about $140. I want to use 2 inches of blanket plus vermiculite

This is the "Body Fluid soluable" non-ceramic fiber blanket. It is manufactured by Thermal Ceramics Corp. This Roll is the Superwool 607 Max product rated at 2192 F degrees continuous use. It is the 1" x 24" x 25' full roll of new material in the 8# density.

What do the experts think? I don't want to go "off plan" to have my oven burn down

Thanks
    Dick

Re: Has anyone used Superwool 607

Dick,

From the specs and the weight, it looks very like this product will suit your needs. Having said that, though, I've never used it. Try to find a spec sheet on it and have a careful look at the suggested applications. Still, it's certainly rated a high enough continuous use temp to work.

Jim
    "Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827

Comment

I bought a roll from the e-bay high temp refractory store. Details seems reasurring for oven needs.
      An excellent pizza is shared with the ones you love!

Acoma's Tuscan:
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/a...scan-2862.html

Comment

Acoma,

Do you think it would work fine then? I'm thinking about 2 inches of the 8#. I was having trouble finding "Thermal Conductivity" data for Insulfrax.

Thanks
        Dick
        BTW - your oven looks great!

Comment

Absolutely. 2" wrapped around oven using the 8# is perfect. Cross fold the layers of insulation though. Several oven photos will show the process, and the members are more than glad to explain.
          An excellent pizza is shared with the ones you love!

Acoma's Tuscan:
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/a...scan-2862.html

Comment

Working...
          X