Warm Coal Business Manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warm Coal Business Manual

Just curious if this book is actually worth $250... My first concern is that it's not available in print, only as an e-book, but that also means it can be updated much easier... So, do you get free lifetime updates along with the purchase? If anyone has purchased this book, I'd like to hear about your experiences with starting your business. I'm still in the infancy of my own project, and in the midst of my business plan. I don't have an "extra" $250 laying around, and so far I have no funding available unless it comes out of my own pocket, which my wife won't be very happy about... especially $250 worth.

I know the purpose of the e-book format is to be able to save the PDF, take it to your local office store, and have them print it up and bind it for you, but for as much as you're charging for a 75-page - albeit useful - book, it would seem that the author is making enough to publish it in paper if it's that good. This single 75-page book costs more than 3 of my college text books combined... and I bought used books.

If it's worth the money, I'll absolutely buy it, but I'd like to see some positive reviews before I jump in with two feet.

Re: Warm Coal Business Manual

I haven't read the book, but if it covers what it claims to cover, then it would be the best $250 you could spend.
    ESPECIALLY if you have never been in the pizza or catering business.

There are so many things that you probably never have thought about, that could potentially ruin your business before it ever gets off the ground.
    Most restaurants and caterers don't make it past the first few months.

I'm not saying you couldn't find the information somewhere else, but it's compiled already and specific to what you need to know.
    And information isn't cheap, hence the high cost.

But if you are going to spend thousands of dollars investing in a business you know little or nothing about, why not arm yourself with someone else's knowledge.

Just my opinion, and like I said: I haven't read it.

If your wife gets mad about $250, what's gonna happen when your throw away your first out dated $250 case of cheese, or meat, or .... etc.

Know what I mean?

anyways... Good luck if you go for it!! But do your homework. I love seeing entrepreneurs succeed!

I hope this helps some.

Dave
    My thread:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...ress-2476.html
    My costs:
    http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...Xr0fvgxuh4s7Hw
    My pics:
    http://picasaweb.google.com/dawatsonator

Comment

Thanks Dave... I figured that would be the answer I'd get... and it's not about throwing away money, it's that the project isn't yet off the ground and there is no financing available for it yet. Once the money is readily available, I won't mind the occasional $250 case of rotten cheese or tomatoes... =)

Comment

Originally posted by phoenixzorn View Post
        Thanks Dave... I figured that would be the answer I'd get... and it's not about throwing away money, it's that the project isn't yet off the ground and there is no financing available for it yet. Once the money is readily available, I won't mind the occasional $250 case of rotten cheese or tomatoes... =)
        Well good luck !

Let us know how it goes.
        I ran several pizza restaurants over 10 years, so if you need any help
        Just let me know!

Dwats
        My thread:
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...ress-2476.html
        My costs:
        http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...Xr0fvgxuh4s7Hw
        My pics:
        http://picasaweb.google.com/dawatsonator

Comment

I'll be sure to do that.

Comment

I would recommend that you contact Joseph at the Fire Within. I'm sure he would be happy to talk with you. He has developed all of the content and supports the book.

Give him a call.
            James
            Pizza Ovens
            Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Originally posted by james View Post
              I would recommend that you contact Joseph at the Fire Within. I'm sure he would be happy to talk with you. He has developed all of the content and supports the book.

Give him a call.
              James
              Thanks James... I'll see if I can get ahold of him tonight... As of right now, I'm building my business plan for a full service restaurant and bar that is centered around the brick oven, and really, I'm curious if the book will help me with only setting up a mobile business, or if the information contained within is designed for any restaurant where the oven is the focus of the business.

I'd like to get talking to more business owners here because I'm sure I won't have any competition in the area, and I can use all the information I can get if I'm going to take this plan to any banks or investors... Speaking of investors, anyone here have any luck bringing your restaurant ideas to an investor and getting anywhere with startup costs?? It seems like investors around here only want to look at your plan if you already have a successful business and are looking to expand or franchise.

How do you guys feel about the organic "Slow" food movement, and creating a restaurant around the idea that not every restaurant produces beef flavored crap on white soggy buns? =)

Comment

Phoenixzorn,
                I can tell you I have purchased the book and have since ordered a trailer from the Joseph at The Fire Within. The unit should get delivered in the next 4-6 weeks. If you ever would purchase an oven, he does deduct the cost of the book from the oven. I can tell you there are things in the book I did know, and things I hadn't ever thought of. Joseph is a great guy and has spent many hours on the phone with me and has answered dozens of emails when questions have popped up before and since I made the order. He has made a point of telling me that he would like to keep communication open and on going even after I get the oven, so I beleive he is looking to built a relationship, not just sell you something and be done with you. I can't say what you will get out of the book, but I looks at the $250 as a small investment to have somebody available when I have had questions.
                Just my $.02 worth

Comment

Has anyone else purchased this book? And what are your thoughts about it?

Comment

Working...
                  X