another hearth question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: another hearth question

Help needed with perlite/portland mix. For giggles, I mixed 6 shovels of perlite with 1 shovel of portland and water to see what it looks like, to make sure I get it right before the real pour.

I thought it would look like oatmeal, similar to the vermiculite/portland mix, but instead it ended up looking like wet course sand, similar to the kind I build sand castles with at the beach with my kids.

Is this what it is supposed to look like, or did I not make it right.
    "Pizza, the world's most perfect food."

Comment

I reviewed asudavew's photo album, and noticed that his insulation layer looked just like my 6-1 ratio, so I stuck with it. I have a feeling I'll be copying his work for a long time. (I Hope you dont mind asudavew.) I just now finished my perlite/portland insulation layer, and now I get to hurry up and wait before I can continue with the rest of my build.

I just ordered the superisol board, refmix, and FB blanket, which should be here by next weekend. Looks like I will have a week to catch my breath.

So far, I have really enjoyed my build, and I have no experience with any of this type of work. Thanks to all my new FB forum friends for all you help and advise along the way.

Comment

Hey PizzaJNKY, where are the pics? Think of us poor people who have finished our build and aren't likely to get the chance of building a second oven...
        "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...pics-2610.html
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f9/p...nues-2991.html

Comment

I'm trying to upload some photos of my progress. I hope it works.

Oops, its not working. I have to figure out a way to shrink the photos.
          Last edited by PizzaJNKY; 04-05-2008, 11:46 PM. Reason: photos would not upload.

Comment

Working...
          X