Starting oven in Mexico...need supplies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting oven in Mexico...need supplies

I am starting construction on an oen in Valle de Bravo, Mexico over the summer. However, I am having a hard time sourcing supplies. If anyone in Mexico has already built the Pompeii oven, I would appreciate pointers toward suppliers.

Best,

Re: Starting oven in Mexico...need supplies

what part of mexico?
    sigpic

Comment

You look like you're reasonably close to Mexico City, so there shouldn't be any problem getting what you need. Firebricks, and structural masonry stuff come from a brickyard or mason's supply. Vermiculite comes from garden suppliers, you want the stuff that is used as a soil conditioner. Pool suppliers sell it too. Specialty stuff, like insulating boards and blankets come from refractory suppliers, who sell stuff for kilns and furnaces. I did a quick google search, but I don't know enough Spanish to get anywhere. Good luck.
      My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

Originally posted by Manitas View Post
        I am starting construction on an oen in Valle de Bravo, Mexico over the summer. However, I am having a hard time sourcing supplies. If anyone in Mexico has already built the Pompeii oven, I would appreciate pointers toward suppliers.

Best,

Hi Manitas,
        Try to talk with people that sale ovens in Mexico City (DF) they build it with refractory materials, I?m sure that they buy the materials in the same city, I live in Mexicali BC, I found the firebrick in Proconsa and Home Depot at 23 pesos, you can try it in Home Depot because Proconsa is only in Mexicali.

Hornos Pizza, Hornos de Le?a, Hornos de Piedra, Pizza, Pan, Pizzer?a

Saludos.

Comment

Working...
        X