Hairline Crack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hairline Crack

I finished building my oven last June and by the 3rd time using the oven I noticed some crack inside the dome in 2 different areas. I am wondering if i should leave it the way its or should re-patch them. Any advice?

Thats nothing to worry about, my cracks are much larger than that. YOu have nothing to be worry about.
    Best Regards...
    Gugahulk!

My Build...

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f6/w...-fl-21793.html

BUILD IT AND THEY WILL COME
    Food will always be the best way to spend time with family & friends, and that is all that really matters.
    STOP THINKING ABOUT IT AND DO IT!

Comment

What did you use to seal the dome? I notice some type of pain over the stocco. I need to do that but never got around it.
      Best Regards...
      Gugahulk!

My Build...

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f6/w...-fl-21793.html

BUILD IT AND THEY WILL COME
      Food will always be the best way to spend time with family & friends, and that is all that really matters.
      STOP THINKING ABOUT IT AND DO IT!

Comment

Hello, thank you for the advice, I will patch them anyway with home brew mix if I can fit inside? I gained some weight since the oven was built. Regarding the outside I used 2 coats of stucco and 2 thin coats of Venetian plaster stucco in terra cotta color then I sealed the outside with seal krete.

Comment

Gianluigi, that's a nice looking oven and stand. From what I could pick up after reading this forum for the last couple of years, a few small cracks are normal. Those look very minor. I just about done with my curing fires and have a small hairline crack. I think that the concern re cracks is large ones (1/8" or larger...) that can let a lot of heat and steam out of the oven.
          George

See my build thread here.

See my build album here.

Comment

Gastagg, I am sorry I was just able to read your comments! Thank you for your comments about the build, As time goes by I feel less worry about the crack.

Comment

Working...
            X