Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Urgent: Building your first firewood oven!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent: Building your first firewood oven!

Dear all,

I would like to build my own firewood pizza oven. However, I am facing a number of challenges ranging from design of the oven to sourcing the material and builders with expert knowledge in this field. I am based in Islamabad, Pakistan. I would like to hear from other people about their experience of building their firewood oven in Pakistan. Anyone with similar experiences? Please reply on how to make a start? Based on the information I got from the site, I am not sure if I am able to source the material like fire bricks, special mortar and other important elements involved in the process. Will the weather have any impact / effects during the construction process and how about on the cooking of the food afterwards. Any special consideration I need to bare in my mind?

Looking forward to your warms replies, suggestion and ideas.

Any good samaritan to share his oven design or specifications?

With best wishes,

Asif

There are free plans on this site. Note that although the recommended materials (fire brick, refractory mortar, etc) will provide the highest performance, they are not necessary. Any good fired solid brick will work fine, and you can use a good clay or make the homebrew. As for insulation, that will be a little more tricky, but you should be able to find a volcanic "lava rock" at the very least.

Comment

Dear Tscarborough,

Thanks for your feedback. As I am a total newbie to the site, would you mind in guiding me to place where I can download free plans and other necessary information before I venture in to the wonderful land of "firewood oven quest". Thank you once again for your help.

Comment

Go to Shop Now then Ebooks in the main FB site. They are suggesting $3 now still cheap.
        Russell
        Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Go to Shop Now then Ebooks in the main FB site. They are suggesting $3 now still cheap. Also there have been a couple builds on this site from India as well as one from Syria with materials sourced locally and or repurposed.
          Last edited by UtahBeehiver; 12-01-2015, 08:25 PM.
          Russell
          Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Working...
          X