Watch out for this company

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watch out for this company

I purchased a Casa 2g100, Dec. 9, 2015. In January Forno Bravo decided to offer free shipping, after charging me over $600.00 in shipping costs. I know a little bit about how business works and a change of that magnitude would have been discussed and decided well before I ordered my oven. They even had the free shipping notice in their January newsletter, newsletters are created and proofed at least a month in advance. The honest way to do business is to let the customer know that there is going to be some price restucturing in the future rather than squeeze every nickel you can from a customer. I had to laugh when COO Tim Cole said in the newsletter that" our new price structure is about full disclosure". That is, unless we can make more money. I understand that there may be some business/financial aspects going on at Forno Bravo, I've been in business and understand the ebb / flow and financial pressures that can come into play. Maybe they need the $600.00 more than I do. No one likes the feeling of being cheated or lied to.
    The customer service team at Forno Bravo has a lot to learn. How to be honest and straight forward with its customers, how to return phone calls promptly, and how to actually do what you say you are going to do. I made a choice to buy from Forno Bravo and I'll live with it, life goes on. However, to the next customer, be careful. They aren't who they pretend to be.

Get a life . If they told you in December we would hear the same from people who purchased in November

Comment

Originally posted by jacknelson View Post
      I purchased a Casa 2g100, Dec. 9, 2015. In January Forno Bravo decided to offer free shipping, after charging me over $600.00 in shipping costs. I know a little bit about how business works and a change of that magnitude would have been discussed and decided well before I ordered my oven. They even had the free shipping notice in their January newsletter, newsletters are created and proofed at least a month in advance. The honest way to do business is to let the customer know that there is going to be some price restucturing in the future rather than squeeze every nickel you can from a customer. I had to laugh when COO Tim Cole said in the newsletter that" our new price structure is about full disclosure". That is, unless we can make more money. I understand that there may be some business/financial aspects going on at Forno Bravo, I've been in business and understand the ebb / flow and financial pressures that can come into play. Maybe they need the $600.00 more than I do. No one likes the feeling of being cheated or lied to.
      The customer service team at Forno Bravo has a lot to learn. How to be honest and straight forward with its customers, how to return phone calls promptly, and how to actually do what you say you are going to do. I made a choice to buy from Forno Bravo and I'll live with it, life goes on. However, to the next customer, be careful. They aren't who they pretend to be.
      The Free shipping price change is not a dollar for dollar savings.

Our price strategy was to make the customer experience easier when making purchasing decisions in 2016.

What we did was move the crating and shipping cost into the unit price to make it more transparent to customers when making a purchase.

We also analyzed all our products since our last price increase was in 2011.

Some models went up slightly, some went down slightly. The overall impact was prices went up about 4% company wide.

To take an example of a Casa 100 shipping to Arizona.

For example.

Under the old pricing, a unit would have been $2400 + $150 for the crate + shipping to AZ (usually about $420) = $2970 Total Cost assuming you did not order accessories to ship separate from the crate.

Under the new price structure, the cost with free shipping would have been $2900 so you would have saved $70.00, not $600.

We understand why you may be upset, but sales had no advance knowledge of this in December as it was a decision submitted to the Board of Directors in January by the COO.

Once approved, we rolled it out with a 30 day advance notice honoring any outstanding quotes for customers to choose which price most benefited them.

Any prior shipments can't be adjusted as that would open the company up to a flood of requests for refunds when in all practicality, most customers saved money by buying in 2015.

As always, we host a free forum for customers to post and exchange in conversation about wood fired cooking and our ovens as well as competitors.

We always appreciate feedback.

Best Regards,
      Tim

Forno Bravo

Comment

Tim,Thank you for responding. I wish we could have had our informative conversation before I had to vent on the forum. If I have caused any irreparable harm I do apologize. I understand now how my savings would have been under $100.00 had I waited. Although I tried to have a conversation with you prior to going on the forum,it just didn't happen. My oven is happily cooking pizzas and I enjoyed talking with you, I had a good laugh. Be well, Jack

Comment

Originally posted by jacknelson View Post
          Tim,Thank you for responding. I wish we could have had our informative conversation before I had to vent on the forum. If I have caused any irreparable harm I do apologize. I understand now how my savings would have been under $100.00 had I waited. Although I tried to have a conversation with you prior to going on the forum,it just didn't happen. My oven is happily cooking pizzas and I enjoyed talking with you, I had a good laugh. Be well, Jack
          No worries, I am glad our conversation was productive.

If nothing else, this post can be referenced by other customers who may have the same question.

I would rather you vent public so we can respond than bash us privately.
          Tim

Forno Bravo

Comment

Working...
          X