Start to Finish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Start to Finish

I am beginning to see why it is so hard to predict a time line on this project.
    Rain, Rain, Rain.

Comment

Start to Finish? I started this thread tiring to get a timeline on how long it takes to build a WFO. Little did I know! I broke ground on May 3rd. Today was our second time this year we had three days in a row without rain. Annual rainfall is 35.5 inches per year. We have had over 28 inches so far. Calling for rain tonight and tomorrow. Timeline. HA. It will get built. God willing.

Comment

You have my sympathy with the rain! We had three inches last night, which somehow turned into four inches in our basement. No matter though, we're prepared for water down there now and the disruption is minimal.

It has been soggy this year--but the worst seems to be between you and me, along the Cedar River in eastern Iowa. They've gone past 1993 flashbacks--they're reliving it.

Comment

Trying to figure a time line? Start to Finish. Forget it. If you want it, just do it. There is plenty of time. And it will get done when it gets done. A note for the newbie’s that are thinking about doing an oven. Or at least this is how it worked out at our house. If you have the time and money to do an outdoor kitchen. We have the time and money to!
          1.) Replace the front porch post.
          2.) Change the landscape out front.
          3.) Paint the garage.
          4.) Change out the garage door.
          5.) Upgrade the guest bedroom.
          6.) Clean the carpets.
          And while we are at it. Since we have the dirt from the oven. We have this low spot that needs to be filled, leveled and seeded.
          Well. We have all that done. Plus all the other things that come naturally in the spring. I think the best time to start a project like this in at the beginning of the summer. Not in the spring. Just too much going on. But what my little Lady wants, my little Lady gets. The place does look nice, and my little Lady is Happy. And I’m happy. The secret to a good marriage. As Larry would say. Getter done. Sometime it just takes a little longer.

Comment

Working...
          X