Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I build a pizza oven over this old stone fountain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I build a pizza oven over this old stone fountain?

We have a beautiful stone wall and fountain in our garden. Right now, the only thing the fountain is doing is making mosquitos. My husband thinks I'm crazy, but I'm convinced it's a good idea...what do you think? Is it possible? Unfortunately the FB kits are way out of our price range - what other options are there? Can we get a local mason to do it? Is there anyone here near the Hudson Valley who'd be interested in the job? Or is it something I could undertake myself?

Hhreeka,

Welcome to the forum.
    Can I build a pizza oven over this old stone fountain?
    No matter how high the stone is stacked it is still going to boil down to how they were stacked and what type soil they are sitting on.
    Can we get a local mason to do it?
    Sure you can. I'm not saying that is not your best option, but that can be much more expensive than a kit. Also, not all masons know how to build an "efficient" WFO.
    ..........is it something I could undertake myself?
    Of course it is.......................that is: if you do you research on this site, ask questions about any steps that you are not sure about, and make sure that you have a game plan before you start. The majority of the ovens that are featured on this DIY part of the forum are built by men and women who have never mixed concrete or laid a brick.

Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Working...
    X