Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How big rather how small?

Hey everyone.
    New here and I am making a projekt, a pizza brick oven (and it is to my parents) but how big does the dome have to be in diameter.. Or rahter how small can i make the dome? They do not have a lot of space.
    Is it fine if i make the dome's diameter 65 cm (25-26 inches) or somthing around there? And a opning on 35 cm (14 inches)? I have looked alot around the internet and all i can find is people saying it is best to make it 91 (36 inches) cm so you can make two pizza but what if we only want to make one at a time.

Greeting;
    Lasse Eriksen

I just approved your initial post which will give you more access to the forum. I would suggest you do a search on "small ovens" on the forum. Especially look at David S's threads, he does smaller diameter cast ovens in the mid 20 inch range. I would also suggest you review the Treasure Archives in the Newbie section where some of the more documented builds are linked.
    Russell
    Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

I think you would have to pretty keen to cook two pizzas at one time but the other reason a lot of folk like bigger ovens is because the door opening is directly based on oven size.
      However I think a 26" oven would be fine for cooking single pizzas & cooking anything else that will fit through the door!
      Don't forget you will need at least 4" of insulation & then add the brick width to get near the outside diameter, a cast dome might be easier to build than a small brick oven?

Comment

Originally posted by fox View Post
        I think you would have to pretty keen to cook two pizzas at one time but the other reason a lot of folk like bigger ovens is because the door opening is directly based on oven size.
        However I think a 26" oven would be fine for cooking single pizzas & cooking anything else that will fit through the door!
        Don't forget you will need at least 4" of insulation & then add the brick width to get near the outside diameter, a cast dome might be easier to build than a small brick oven?

Thx, for the answer. The reason why we want a brick and not a cast dome is because I have seen many people say that the cast dome is having some trouble against hard weather (a lot of rain and snow)

Comment

Originally posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
          I just approved your initial post which will give you more access to the forum. I would suggest you do a search on "small ovens" on the forum. Especially look at David S's threads, he does smaller diameter cast ovens in the mid 20 inch range. I would also suggest you review the Treasure Archives in the Newbie section where some of the more documented builds are linked.
          Thx, i will try to look for the threads you are saying. There is so many good information on this forum I do not know where to start!

Comment

Working...
          X