web analytics
Inner arch template - what have I done wrong? - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inner arch template - what have I done wrong?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd be interested a copy of the spreadsheet you created (sent you a PM). My inner arch had flat sides, but my vent/chimney arch and decorative arches will be full hemispherical.
    Til now I had tried to model them in sketchup and then measure cut distance & angles, but a spreadsheet sounds easier.
    David in Calgary
    My Build Thread

Comment

My inner arch had flat sides, but my vent/chimney arch and decorative arches will be full hemispherical.
      That may be a little tricky to do. You may end up having to insert your insulated door sideways to get it past the outer arch. That is, unless you incorporate one heck of a reveal.
      joe watson

"A year from now, you will wish that you had started today "

My Build
      My Picasa Web Album

Comment

Just follow what your IT tells you for the entry arch bricks. Your dome will be slightly taller than wide because of the height of your pivot (sounds like its 0.5"?) but your IT will get your angles right. The tilt of each level will be slightly shallower than the model says. If you wanted you could tweak the spreadsheet - but probably not worth it (and I did it so long ago, I'd need to go back to school for the math )

My build progress
        My WFO Journal on Facebook
        My dome spreadsheet calculator

Comment

Working...
        X