Forno Bravo CD ROM v1.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forno Bravo CD ROM v1.0

Here is something new -- the Forno Bravo CD ROM. I've been meaning to do this for a while, and with the Installation and Operating Manuals (OIM) all updated and reflecting the state-of-the-art, we have stamped all things FB onto a CD ROM. We have included all FB specification sheets, installation guides, the eBook cookbook series, the Pompeii Oven eBook, instruction videos and a number of helpful resources documents (heat up/cool down curves, heat and cooking graphics, etc.)

It isn't free (sorry), but you get everything in one place. We will provide free updates for one year whenever we update the CD ROM (v1.1, v2.0, etc.). With more videos coming, we will certainly have updated content.

Of course everything on the CD ROM is posted on FB.com for free download.

The link to the order page is here:

Forno Bravo CD ROM :: Instruction Manuals, CD ROMs & eBooks :: Forno Bravo Store

The description on FB.com is here:

Forno Bravo CD | The Complete Wood-Fired Oven Resource Guide

I have attached the front and back CD covers, and the description and table of contents.

Enjoy!
    James
    Attached Files
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Re: Forno Bravo CD ROM v1.0

All reight beat the others to it.
    On another forum for old cars there was a fellow of questionable background that was taking the "best of" stuff from numerous sources largly publically available but some of it copyrighted and trying to sell for a hefty price. Luckily as far as I can tell he was censured out. This is one way to stay ahead of them rascals

Comment

Is this something you might think about including for the new FB oven owner?...just thinking like an installer...
      Dutch
      "Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. " Charles Mingus
      "Build at least two brick ovens...one to make all the mistakes on and the other to be just like you dreamed of!" Dutch

Comment

Dutch,

Definitely. We will be mailing the CD ROM out to new oven owners to arrive before the oven does.

So I guess, there is one way to get the CD ROM for free. :-)

James
        Pizza Ovens
        Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Very well then...it will be a great resource for them...seeing as many people would have no idea how to use such a cooking appliance...and we can't have that and continue to see our hobby/business grow!
          Dutch
          "Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. " Charles Mingus
          "Build at least two brick ovens...one to make all the mistakes on and the other to be just like you dreamed of!" Dutch

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchoven View Post
            Is this something you might think about including for the new FB oven owner?...just thinking like an installer...
            Dutch
            "Please agree to the following terms of service, then click OK to install your new oven!"

Comment

I want to make a video for the next version!

I promise not to wear sweats or a sleeveless t-shirt!

Maybe I can make another how-to-video on stretching dough!

Please please please
              My thread:
              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...ress-2476.html
              My costs:
              http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...Xr0fvgxuh4s7Hw
              My pics:
              http://picasaweb.google.com/dawatsonator

Comment

Dave,

Definitely. I can commit to creating a user contributed video section in the next version; either v1.1 or v2.0. Dave, don't forget you can post in YouTube.com/group/fornobravo.

James
                Pizza Ovens
                Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Very funny...should have seen something like that coming...oven installer...
                  Dutch

Originally posted by Ed_ View Post
                  "Please agree to the following terms of service, then click OK to install your new oven!"

Comment

Nice idea James. I'd recommend you solicit recommended changes or alternative to the plans from builders if the pompeii plans are on the CD. Also, there's still a few typos and points of contention in the plans. The cookbooks still have a similar problem with salt amounts etc. in pizza dough too, unless that has changed since last I looked.

I'd be more than happy to make recommendations/edit them for you, but I think that a quick poll of proposed changes for the pompeii plans would be a nice idea so that the plans cover situations such as corner installations, recommendations for the rise in entryway arch height etc. This could all be determined by a thread for recommended changes for the plans.

I understand by now that there are a thousand ways to skin this cat, and tomorrow, someone will come up with a new one. Mainstream ideas are what you want to present.

Regardless, the CD is a great idea. Shoot me a PM if you want to talk about it.
                    GJBingham
                    -----------------------------------
                    Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

Working...
                    X