looking for contractor for building oven in SF Bay Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for contractor for building oven in SF Bay Area

This is my second post...the first one never appeared on the site, so I'm thinking I did something wrong the first time.
    I've been dreaming about owning a pizza oven since I can remember. After lurking on the Forno Bravo site for a few years, I finally decided to take the big step. I would like to go for a Casa 90 or 100 with natural gas insert. Unfortunately I don't have the skills to assemble this myself, and would like to use a professional contractor. I tried getting Forno Bravo assistance, but they haven't been able to provide a useful recommandation in my area, so I hope this community can. The location is the San Francisco East Bay Area.

Can somebody provide a good recommendation?

Thanks!

Hi All,
    this is my first posting here. Owning a pizza oven has been my dream since I can remember. After lurking on the Forno Bravo website for a few years, I finally decided to take the big step. I live in the San Francisco East Bay Area, have a backyard with a natural gas socket, so I decided to go for a natural gas/wood oven (probably Casa 90 or 100). I have no building skills, so I would like to use a professional constructor/company to get this done right. I tried contacting Forno Bravo, but they haven't been able to provide any useful suggestion: they indicated one contractor, which doesn't do these jobs any longer, and suggested to use Angie's list. I tried Angie's list too, but so far no luck.

I'm hoping somebody in this community can recommend a company or constructor in my area. I'm a bit frustrated at how hard this is, and now that I made up my mind I'm really eager to get this started!

Thanks!

Comment

HI Rat,

Welcome to the forum. You did not do anything wrong. The safeguards on the forum require all first posts by new members to be screened by a human. We have to do that to keep out spammers. There are only two of us Member Moderators moderating at the moment. You caught us today while we were "out to lunch" .

I have no building skills, so I would like to use a professional constructor/company to get this done right. I tried contacting Forno Bravo, but they haven't been able to provide any useful suggestion
      Anyone can install a Forno Bravo's modular oven (even those with no construction experience) if they can follow directions. There are plenty of resources as well as the open forum to help guide you and/or your contractor through the build. However, there may be local codes that may require you to get a building permit. The gas option will definitely require you have certified gas technician involved. That being said, here is a link to Forno Bravo's Finding a Dealer link. I hope one of these distributors close to you can help you find someone. Or, hopefully someone on the forum from your area can help.
      Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Rat,
        I am in a similar position to you when you posted this thread: I also live in the SF Bay area and am looking for help putting together a Casa (probably 100) with gas attachment.
        Not sure if you are still active on this site as this was your last post, but I was wondering how the process went with you.

Did you find a SF contractor?
        Any troubles?
        How do you like the oven?

Cheers,
        Puckr

Comment

Working...
        X