Roundgrove combo unit review?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roundgrove combo unit review?

Starting to build a new house and I havve been reading this forum for years dreaming of one day building my own oven.

I recently came across these combo units and thought the two larger ones may work well for our family of 4. I would love some expert opinions from the members.

Roundgrove Pizza Oven/Fireplace Combo

thanks
    Last edited by Gulf; 04-23-2018, 05:51 PM.

Hi Grumman07,

Welcome to the forum. Sorry, I had to edit the direct link to a competitor of our host. Folks can google it if the want to. I went to the Roundgrove's site and could not find any reviews, customer testimonials, prices etc. I also did not see any mention of insulation. I cant tell from their piics how the oven is vented. Building an efficient Pompeii stacked on top of a fireplace is difficult to do. Some on this forum have tried, but we seldom get any feed back on how well they perform. I built my outdoor fireplace separate from the oven. Sometimes I like firing them both at the same time. With a stacked unit it would be uncomfortable to work a an oven while using the fireplace imo.
    Last edited by Gulf; 04-23-2018, 06:46 PM.
    Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Gulf,
      thanks for the great info, I never thought about standing in front of the fireplace while trying to cook.

Comment

You've heard the saying like "moths to a flame". People are the same way. It helps to give them another flame to gather around and to gawk at. Then you won't have to worry so much about poking somebody in the eye with the handle of a peel . Also, a fire ring is much cheaper than an outdoor fireplace and it serves the same purpose .
        Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

I have heard enough to pass on this idea. Thanks the dream will continue with seperate units.

Comment

Working...
          X