Combined fireplace and pizza oven design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combined fireplace and pizza oven design

Hi. I want to build a combined outdoor fireplace and pizza oven, but i'm not sure if my design will be successful. The oven will be made out of cinder blocks, firebrick and a metal flue pipe. The gap between the open fireplace and pizza oven can be closed with additional firebrick. The chimney opening will end up a bit closer to the door than on the sketch. The pizza oven will be used for baking pizzas, not long time baking.
    1) Will the draft be good enough to avoid smoke from exiting the open fireplace?
    2) The roof of the outdoor fireplace will consist of regular frost-proof reinforced concrete. Will this withstand multiple heatings? Should I use a different mix instead?
    3) What are the best options for connecting the metal pipe to the firebricks?

I am very thankful for all comments on the design.

Here is a search of the Forno Bravo Community of others who have wanted to stack them. Combined Fireplace and Pizza Oven. Several have tried, but we don't get very much feed back on just how well they work. Your design is "above my paygrade" to advise on, But, my first thought is that it could get very uncomfortable working the oven with a live fire in the fireplace. Just my opinion.
    Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Thanks for the link. I see others share my concerns. The pizza oven and the open fireplace will not be used at the same time, so that is not a problem.

Comment

You are very welcome. I wish that I could have been of more help. I have a pretty good grasp on how to build an efficient wood fied oven. I also have a good bit of experience building fireplaces. I just don't know how to mull the two together in a stacked formation to where both are efficient. I'm looking forward to anyone who can do it and share how it can be done. You may try replying to some of those threads in the link. The notification system may alert them to reply to your questions. Good luck on your project and keep us updated on your progress.
        Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Working...
        X