Announcement

Collapse

Forum Restore

If you’re a frequent visitor of the forum, you may have noticed that several new posts are missing from the past week. The team team was informed of an issue in the code and had to restore our forum to fix the issue. We thank you for continuing to be a part of the WFO community and enhancing the experiment of everyone in it.
See more
See less

Using TEMPMAT for insulation blanket.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using TEMPMAT for insulation blanket.

Been doing some research on building a Pompeii style oven for a while and this site has been awesome. I recently got an opportunity to score on some free insulation. A guy I became friends with uses insulation blankets to wrap steam turbins at powerplants. He hooked me up with a roll of ceramic fiber blanket and another type of material called "tempmat". I bought his crew all breakfast in return for this stuff. Question is has anyone used this tempmat stuff ? Or does anyone know if it would be good to use ? I attached a link below. Thanks and I cant wait to get active in this forum during my build
    Tempmat (Glass Mat) is a mechanically bonded glass fiber insulating blanket of uniform density for high temperature applications.
Working...
X