Napolino 60 on dry stacked cinder block with 2in thick concrete countertop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Napolino 60 on dry stacked cinder block with 2in thick concrete countertop

Hello, I plan on building a straight outdoor kitchen island about 9 ft long, 40in wide, and 36in high. The first 5ft 8in will be a metal stud frame for the grilling area and workspace. The last 40in will be the pizza oven stand made of cinder blocks dry stacked and every other hole filled with concrete and rebar. The first 3 courses will be standard block with iron angle to span the front to support the next course and a half to get me to 34in high. Then I’ll lay a 2in thick concrete countertop across the whole 9ft which will get me to 36in high. Will a 2in concrete countertop with added mesh wiring or rebar support the load of a Napolino 60? Wondering if that would be plenty of strength or if I’d need to pour a 3.5in hearth and forego the last course of 3.5in (half height blocks) and then add the countertop on top of that.

Attached is a (crude) drawing of what I have planned.

Thanks,
    Brandon
    Last edited by Bwhite; 05-12-2019, 01:52 PM.

I would be more than a bit concerned about only 2" of concreet holding up the oven. With .5" rebar centered you would have very little left. If done in a grid you would only have .5" surrounding the rebar. Does not sound like a good idea to me

Comment

Working...
    X