Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angle, Bevel or Both

Hello all,

I've got my soldier course mortared and looking at laying my 1st course. I found the analyzer program and not clear on the cuts to be made. Do I simply cut brick to make angle of say 3" on front face and 4" in back as per attached pic example or does this require a bevel cut as well? I've seen the jigs member have posted but wondering what works best as I move forward to lessen the inverted V?

If you have lots and lots of time on your hands and love to do complex math go for both. When i get around to building my second oven there is no chance i would ever think about it though. All you need to do is bevel the bricks once you are to that point. The rest is a waist of time and materials. The home brew mortar will fill the gaps nicely and you will have no problems. There is no advantage to going the angle route it just adds unnecessary complexity to something that has enough curve balls.

Randy

Comment

Thanks Randy, that seems to be a general consensus in the community, so my soldiers are mortared and I'm working on the landing, I'll start my 1st course with a couple of 4.5 x4.5 bricks and see how they lay. I have the HF saw so I need to fab a LOW jig for the bevel cuts.

Comment

Just food for thought all i used was cut off scraps to set the beveled edges. Maybe not the most accurate way but cheap and quick.

Comment

Working...
        X