Announcement

Collapse

Forum Restore

If youíre a frequent visitor of the forum, you may have noticed that several new posts are missing from the past week. The team team was informed of an issue in the code and had to restore our forum to fix the issue. We thank you for continuing to be a part of the WFO community and enhancing the experiment of everyone in it.
See more
See less

Which Chimney pipe do I need?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Chimney pipe do I need?

Well the time in coming where I need to start thinking about how I am gonna build my chimney and I have a few questions. My oven is going to be in an enclosure(dog house) and I am planning on making my chimney with the metal studs,cement board finished with a veneer stone and this will go all the way to the top of the pipe so no pipe will be seen, just the rain cover. so my questions are;
    First, What is the difference between Double Wall Chimney Pipe and Double Wall Stove Pipe and if there is a difference which one do i need ?
    next is, I dont plan on having that pipe being visible so i black pipe good to use? just dont want to spend alot of money on some nice stainless steel pipe if its never going to be seen.
    last is what is a good site to get this stuff from ?
    thanks in advanced

A stainless pipe doesnít stay nice and shiny anyway, it goes a kind of pewter colour. But if you are covering over it thatís irrelevant. It needs to be stainless, an ordinary pipe will need to be replaced in a few years so stainless single wall is what you need.
    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Thought people were saying to stay away from the single wall?

Comment

Only stay away from it because it can get hot to touch. Or if it penetrates a roof it needs a double flue so your house doesnít burn down. As you are building around it that becomes your outer skin.
        Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Working...
        X