Please help draw base of pizza oven. 49"X60" slab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help draw base of pizza oven. 49"X60" slab

I have a 49"X60" slab to work with. I want a 36" pizza oven. Is this possible? I can always make slab wider in future.

Please help draw base of pizza opening, how should my opening look? Thanks!

Attached is picture Click image for larger version

Name:	Drawing.jpeg
Views:	184
Size:	115.1 KB
ID:	420980

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5310.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	1.29 MB
ID:	420981

That stone work is beautiful...how did you end up cutting them....Looks real good. As far as the 36" oven thats would be the ID so the OD would be 44" and would leave you 2 1/2" on each side for insulation and rendering if your going the stucco look. I think you would need to expand a little on each side I think the 60" measurement is good but the width of the slab is very tight.

Ricky
    My Build Pictures
    https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%...18BD00F374765D

Comment

Thanks Ricky, Agree 49" width is very tight. This project started small with cinder block footprint. ( Had to keep neighbors wife happy. ) But the more I build she is warming up to the oven. lol.

I believe wider sides is necessary. Yes going with stucco look...

Rock work was done by hiring a mason and getting help. Two people came. A mason and helper. Cost $320 for the day work. Took them about 6hrs from start to finish and cleanup.

I learned allot, they used a single rock hammer and scored the limestone by tapping with chisel side of hammer on all sides, then with one good whack, block broke. Then they chipped away the edge to give a more natural look.

They made it look easy and I felt stupid for hiring them. But then I figured learning is more important. So I made sure to gleam as much info from them without getting in way.

Click image for larger version

Name:	61+LXxQSorL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Views:	373
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	420984
      A single rock hammer vs limestone.

Comment

Working...
      X