Foundation Suitability?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foundation Suitability?

I plan to build a Premio110 in the very near future but before I finalize plans and start construction I need to identify where I am going to build it.

Option A.) Build oven on existing concrete patio which measures 4 1/2" thick. This would allow the oven to be tied in to the outdoor kitchen that will be added.
    Option B.) Find different location and pour dedicated pad for the oven. This would separate and isolate the oven from the outdoor kitchen that will be added.

It is unknown to me how the concrete patio was constructed - whether or not there is any rebar or wire mesh. So that has me hesitant with using "Option A" even though it would provide for a seamless outdoor kitchen build.

What are your thoughts? Below are some pictures of the area so you can see where I'm targeting.

Note - if using Option A the oven would be positioned to the right of the space near the arborvitae.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	239
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	422791Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture 2.JPG
Views:	175
Size:	831.6 KB
ID:	422792

According to the FB Installation Manual for this oven, they recommend a min 5.5" reinforced concrete slab. So you have to make the decision.
    Russell
    Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Originally posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
      According to the FB Installation Manual for this oven, they recommend a min 5.5" reinforced concrete slab. So you have to make the decision.
      Thanks, I did take notice of that in the manual. Forgot to mention that in my initial post. Ahhhh decisions, decisions.

Comment

Working...
      X