alternative for the reinforced concrete slab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alternative for the reinforced concrete slab

As an alternative for the reinforced concrete slab I was thinking of using 5 stone bars. (Leftover from my garden)

One bar is 12 cm (4,7’’) thick, 20 cm (7.8’’) wide and will be cut on 100 cm 39’’ length (5 in a row(
    This to support 10 cm (4’’) vermiculite/concrete and with an small 60 cm (24’’) (internal diameter) homebrew pizza dome

Did anyone tried this before and does anyone foresee problems using these bars instead of the reinforced concrete?

The total size of this table is approx 100x100 cm (39''x39'')

My build 60 cm/24'' homebrew, the Netherlands

Did a little testing to check if the stone (lintel/sleeper) would crack on high temperature.

When using a heat gun (for paint stripping) at no cracks appeared in the stone.

I do think there is some colouring change due to the heat. (not sure)
    After heating I attacked the lintel with a screwdriver. No significant effect.

The temperature of the stone after heating was not measured.
    After applying some water the water evaporated and steam was noted

Now... I haven’t got a clue what will happen if the oven heats up the bar for a long time and the effect of the weight. I did see some people use concrete lintels (a lot thinner then my 12cm). With all the experience in the forum there must be someone who can advise.

-What would be the correct English word for the ‘stone bar / stone sleeper / stone lintel’?
    (Found out I have some problems understanding the technical vocabulary)

-Please share your thoughts on this recycling of materials and money save activity ?

If the floor would collapse it would not be funny…..

Comment

Provided you insulated between the floor and the lintel it shouldn’t see anything hotter than 50C, it will be fine.
      Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

david s Thanks! Saves me serious money, (and I do not have to dispose the lintels).

Comment

Working...
        X