Door for base

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door for base

Did a search on this but weirdly only found one thread with only a single post. Maybe because most people don't put a door in the base or just approach it the same way they do the oven door?

Anyway, i feel like i would prefer to put a door (even if it's just one of those plug types) in the base instead of keeping it open. What do most people do? I'm planning on just using it for wood storage but we have a lot of critters and i really don't like the idea of a bat dropping on my head.

I realize I'm getting ahead of myself a bit since I'm still working on the base

Go to the Forno Bravo retail site and look under Gallery, there are hundred of images, some with doors on the base, some without. Or go to Gulf's build and he did a slide out drawer unit for his tools and supplies.
    Russell
    Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Here is a link of the drawer that I shared some time back. In one of the pics from that post you can see my "storm door" on the oven entry. That same design would be about the simplest design for a wood storage door. Including a reveal allows a simple door kick stop to keep the door in place.

Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Awesome! Thanks.

Comment

I don't know where you are in your foundation base build, but I had two carts built to give me extra counter surface, wood/supply storage, better access, and the ability to close the storage bays. I had the carts made at our local community college for the cost of materials (was one student's final welding course project)....win-win! The carts & base build layout for the bays are shown in my build thread (link below, in my signature line).

I really liked Gulf's drawer option as well...I'm just too old to be on my knees reaching back under the oven for a chunk of wood.
          Mike Stansbury - The Traveling Loafer
          Roseburg, Oregon

FB Forum: The Dragonfly Den build thread
          Available only if you're logged in = FB Photo Albums-Select media tab on profile
          Blog: http://thetravelingloafer.blogspot.com/

Comment

I basically have the standard cube of cmu (roughly 5 x 5"), 4 courses high, surface bonding cement applied inside and out, started prepping forms to pour base for hearth. Too late for any drastic design changes. I will eventually be adding cabinets, grill, etc. extending to the left and right.

Comment

Working...
            X