Placement of Oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Placement of Oven

We just had an island built to place the Privamera 70 on. Initially we were thinking of placing it right over the larger opening for wood storage (oven opening would face the patio). However. the more we thought about it, we're unsure of the wood post to the left poses any issues with recommended clearances. From several conversations we've had with FB and reading online, we're aware 3ft clearance is recommended, but we're unsure if that means 3ft all around the oven opening as well.

Some details about the build and measurements:
    - The island sits right outside the covered patio. We ordered a double-walled chimney with an extension that should extend about 3ft. above the roof line.
    - If the oven is placed on the left side of the island, the post would be approximately 12" to the left of the corner of the oven opening.

Is that a good placement or should we move it to the right side to be above the smaller opening?

Welcome to the forum community! I use/need counter space on both sides of my oven. Consider setting your oven in the center of your Island. That way you'd have some prep room on the left and a space on the right for setting the finished pizza on a cutting board. As a bonus (IMHO, ) you won't have to bend down under the oven mouth to grab a piece of wood...in my mind/experience, much easier.

By the way, the clearance spec of 3' is meant as a safety factor "zone" intended as all around the oven. You will find the outside of your oven will only get slightly warm during use but having that zone clear of anything flammable is not a bad thing...
    Mike Stansbury - The Traveling Loafer
    Roseburg, Oregon

FB Forum: The Dragonfly Den build thread
    Available only if you're logged in = FB Photo Albums-Select media tab on profile
    Blog: http://thetravelingloafer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
    X