HELP - what kind of oven is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP - what kind of oven is this?

This was in the backyard of my new house when I purchased it. I'd like to fix it up but I don't know what the two side Ovens are used for. They are lined with terra cotta. The middle chamber connects to the chimney in the back but the two side ovens don't. They also don't connect to the middle chamber at all either. If I were to put coal or burning wood inside and close the iron doors there would be no where for the smoke to escape and no way for oxygen to get in to keep the fire burning. What are they for? Should I repurpose them? Any thoughts or ideas are appreciated.

Fire the middle chamber up slowly. Check the temps of the side ovens while doing this
    Last edited by Gulf; 07-01-2022, 06:14 PM.
    Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

You may have a black oven with a couple of side white ovens or warming chambers
      Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Have you checked underneath the middle chamber to see what venting may be underneath there?

Comment

I don't know what it is, but I'd be mighty pleased to have it in my backyard!
          Do the doors have any identifying markings or do they look hand made?
          My build thread
          https://community.fornobravo.com/for...h-corner-build

Comment

Working...
          X