Where to start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to start

Hi all, brand new to the forum and can’t wait to get started!

I have a Greek background so creating a WFO has always been on my to do list to join alongside the various BBQs I have in my set up.

I recently managed to get my hands on a pizza oven cast from a shop that closed down at a very low fee. I have attached a picture for reference.

My question is where do I get started with regards to the base slab spec and material spec to go with it?

would the Pompeii pdf be the way forward ?

I also have to make the oven on a wheeled base. Does anyone have any ideas what the best way to go about this would be ?

thanks.

look forward to hearing all your comments!
    Attached Files

The pompeii oven plans will give you a reasonable starting place for building a standard concrete block oven stand, as well as for the insulation and cooking floor (assuming the cast did not come with a floor since it isn't pictured). There are some other innovations that you can find around the forum that will apply here--notably adding weep holes to the suspended slab to let any moisture out, and placing something like mosaic tile sheets loose under the floor insulation.

Our hosts Forno Bravo also have instruction guides for the installation of their cast modular ovens (I think including suggestions for the base, though with less detail than the pompeii plans) that would likely translate over to your case.

However, if you're trying to put it on a wheeled base, I'm less sure how you'd proceed. Guestimating the size of that cast, I'd be surprised if you could support it and effectively move it on castors at all--that looks like the size one would put on a trailer.
    My build: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/3...-dc-18213.html

Comment

Working...
    X