X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exceloven
    replied
    Re: Firebrick dealer in Northern California Bay Area

Stella, Dusty is right fireclay is pretty common at masonary supply dealers. I mixed my own with fireclay and it worked perfect. You should be able to find it pretty close to home.

Mark

Leave a comment:

• dusty
    replied

Originally posted by stellawood View Post
    Does anyone know where I can get fire clay to mix my own mortar in the bay area?
    Hi Stellawood,
    I learned while building my oven that fire clay is commonly added to mortar by masons to make the mortar creamier. I think they call it "mortar clay" or "mason's clay" or something like that. Any masonary supply place should have it.

dusty

Leave a comment:

• james
    replied

Hey Stellawood,
    If you are interested, you can swing by the showroom in Windsor and pick up Refmix. You won't have any shipping (and as a happy customer we can cut you a deal!).
    Let me know what you think.
    James

Leave a comment:

• stellawood
    replied

Northern CA Bay Area firebrick
    So I have found firebrick for sale at Sugar City, Pinole, CA and a Larms in Oakland, CA
    Having just installed a Forno Brava Casa I'm actually going to try to build a brick oven now. Different location of course.
    Does anyone know where I can get fire clay to mix my own mortar in the bay area? I can go as far south as San Jose, and as wide as Concord, even Sonoma and of course San Francisco. (Nice to have friends spread out)
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Les
    replied

The Bay area is a big place. Just call the nearest masonry dealer and go from there. I know there is a manufacturer in Sacramento.

Les...

Leave a comment:

• stellawood
    started a topic Firebrick dealer in Northern California Bay Area

Firebrick dealer in Northern California Bay Area

Hello. New to the forum. Can anyone recommend someone who will sell firebrick retail in the Bay Area, CA? This info will help whether to make the brick oven or go with buying a precast. Thanks, Stella
Working...
X