Sizing question based on a 64"x64" base

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sizing question based on a 64"x64" base

So I have built a 64"x64" base out of concrete block and I'm getting ready to work on the slab. I was going to build a AS oven, but now I am think of doing a Forno Bravo. What is the largest oven model that I can build?

The installation PDF says the Casa 100 needs a 58"x66" hearth. It seems that my base will be fine, anything I should be aware of?

Re: Sizing question based on a 64"x64" base

You can fit a 36 inch pompeii on a 64 inch square slab, that's what mine is. A 42 inch will be a really tight fit- 42 (floor)+9 (brick walls, 2 at 4.5)+2 (blanket, one inch)+8 (vermicrete, 4 inches) leaves 3 inches (1.5 inches per side) left over. If you do an igloo, you can stucco in 1.5 inches, but I don't think you could do anything else. (Of course, I don't know about the casa ovens at all, just the homemade ones.)

It's really too close for my taste- "theoretically" fitting on the slab is one thing, but there are a few places you could go awry.... Is a 36 big enough? Well, I hope so, for my own sake! I suppose if you were doing a whole lot of large scale baking a 42 would be better, but looking inside my 36, it's really big in there, and geez, once the fire's out, I could get enough bread in there for an army.

I also think you'll have to put the oven on the corner angle or you don't have enough room to get your arch and vent on- and that rules the 42 out, I think.
    Last edited by egalecki; 08-04-2008, 06:24 PM. Reason: thought of the arch and vent
    Elizabeth

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/e...html#post41545

Comment

Working...
    X