X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Casa Vent/Chimney transition

Hi All,
    Another question.
    I got my Casa 90 pieces fitted around my oven floor today. Things look great.
    My question is with the vent and chimney manifolds. I'm going to make my first attempt at posting some pics, but have I done this vent placement correctly? The instructions from FB say to "Set the front of the oven vent flush with the front edge of the oven dome." But that doesn't seem right, so the pics should show what, intuitively, I believe the arrangement should be. The vent manifold actually hangs over the opening and is not flush.
    Thanks,
    PF

Re: Casa Vent/Chimney transition

Hey PF,

The vent is designed to be flexible, so that you can either hang it over or line it up flush. If you are planning on using a flat oven entry arch, the advantage of making it flush is that it will be easier to attach your arch at the end. If you line the vent up with the front of the oven, you should make sure that it is level and mortar the vent and oven to hold in air exhaust.

If your enclosure does not have a flat arch, you can overhang the vent -- but still mortar it to the oven body.

Both methods draw equally well.

I hope this helps.
    James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Thanks again, James,

I'm going to do an entry arch, so I'll move the manifold back. It just seemed, in terms of "fit", that the configuration with the lip of the manifold moved forward was the design intention. I was a bit confused. So, no problems...it'll take a bit more Refmix to seal it up, but at least I know what I'm doing now!

Wow! I can finally see this all coming together. The fit of the two oven sections around my mortared oven floor, over the FB board, went perfect today. I'll break out the Refmix tomorrow and get it all sealed up. I've got one more day of vacation time to make a dent in this job.

Thanks Again!
      PF

Comment

I really enjoy this part. You can see it coming together and pizza is just around the corner. With Refmix, try mixing a smaller amount the first time -- it sets pretty quickly, and it's really hard when it sets. I think it's fun to work with.
        James
        Pizza Ovens
        Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Working...
        X