pompeii oven bricks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pompeii oven bricks

hi" im thinking of building a oven here in the uk, i can get the kiln bricks for the base as these are expensive what types would you recommend i use for the dome that hold the heat ...thanks.
    Last edited by no good chris; 09-06-2008, 08:10 AM.

Re: pompeii oven bricks

Hi Chris,

There's some good info on UK bricks in this thread, including some supplier details.

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f2/f...y-uk-3467.html

If you're not in a rush EBay occasionally has large quantities of second hand firebrick at a good price, but it is only occasionally! or you could look at an alternative type of brick like night storage heater bricks which at least one person has used on here (and it is what I have stacked up the side of the house!)

I am in Kent too, Herne Bay to be precise. Whereabouts are you?

J

Comment

faz, thanks, i'm looking at building the dome out of staffordshire blues engineering bricks to keep cost down, as ive seen people using engineering bricks,i would like to know are they the next best thing to kiln-bricks, or would a stock brick do, i wont mind messing a few up if that's the case, there's quite a few materials needed for this project so im going to try to get my head around it all ,i live in gravesend there is a Travis perkins here.thanks again ...chris

Comment

hi folks, check out Industrial Boilerhouse Supplies this site has all the ingredients you need cheaply
        Liam

Comment

I don't think that stock bricks are dense enough to hold enough heat, and will probably flake off into your pizza too.

Comment

hi chris
            not sure about the kiln bricks, what most are using are low alumina fire bricks paid about 1.80 a brick (hansworth refractories sheffield). used them for the floor of the oven and the dome, thought about using engineering bricks (they should be ok ) but didn't what to go to all that time and expense and not have the oven work aswell as i hoped.
            good luck

Comment

Working...
            X