oven landing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oven landing

If you are using refractory insulating fiber board underneath the oven [which raises the cooking surface , what is the best way to bring up the oven landing up to the same height up to the cooking surface and vent landing [which is already higher because it has brick on it]?

Re: oven landing

Morning Chale,

The decision I made was to use concrete as the finished surface on the landing, so I chose to pour the concrete deep enough to fill the entire space. If you are going to finish the landing with stone or tile, then only place enough concrete to bring the level up to the correct thickness that when you add your stone or tile, the surface is level with the cooking floor.

JED

Comment

Thanks.

Did you pour the landing concrete in front before you did the dome or after you were done with everything else. If you did it after, did you let the wet concrete edge touch your insulated fiber board. There have been some posts about the oven steaming if it gets wet.

Charles

Comment

Hey Chale,

I placed the concrete on the landing the very last step in the construction - before the big clean up. I didn't want to be dropping stucco on the most used and visually noticeable surface on the oven.

I used the perlcrete insulation so did not face the question you have regarding placing the concrete against the insulation board. Maybe one of the others on the forum can address the question, however, I can't imagine the concrete against the insulation would cause a problem.. Should be fine.

JED

Comment

Working...
        X