Firebricks in SoCal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firebricks in SoCal?

I live in San Diego, and the best price I have found for firebrick is $1.11. I have seen that some have paid as little as $.77 in Florida. Has anyone found them at a good price in SD or Los Angeles area.

Mark

Re: Firebricks in SoCal?

Mark, I recall paying something around $1.40 - sounds like a good price to me.

Les...
    Check out my pictures here:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Les, Thanks for the reply, just wanted to make sure my price point was good. As you might remember your oven is the one I am going to try to emulate.

Thanks, Mark

Comment

From what I have read (and experienced in material shopping), firebricks seem a bit cheaper in the east - due to many of the manufacturers being located in the east as well as the number of fireplaces. It is alot cheaper for a South Carolina manufacturer (where my bricks came from) to ship to FL, GA, or PA than CA or WA. From what others have reported, I think any price at or below $1.50 is a pretty good price on the west coast.

RT

Comment

In the Phoenix Metro area, Firebricks are running 1.16 each at Home Depot today (1/1/09)

CW
          Jen-Aire 5 burner propane grill/Char Broil Smoker

Follow my build Chris' WFO

Comment

I live on the treasure coast and haven't been able to fiind a good source yet, the company who bought rinker didn't know what type of fire brick they carried (light duty or not) I can't buy materials from an idiot. Any one have a source for the treasure coast area?

Comment

the company who bought rinker didn't know what type of fire brick they carried (light duty or not) I can't buy materials from an idiot.
              In defense of idiocy, a brickyard for general building materials wouldn't necessarily know what the duty rating of the bricks they sell is, since low duty bricks are all that masons ever usually buy. It's when you start dealing with refractory dealers like Harbison-Walker that you have to know what type of brick you want.
              My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

Les I'd have to agree with you $1.40 is a pretty good price.
                OutdoorRoomLiving.com - Your source for top of the line Outdoor Bars and Patio Table Sets

Comment

Working...
                X